STM32MP1 workshop MOOC
After a brief overview of the high-performance STM32MP1 microprocessor, together we will develop simple example embedded software solutions taking advantage of the customizable boot chain and kernel pin multiplexing. Developers will have hands-on training working with the Cortex-M4 and Cortex®-A7 (Linux) cores and get an overview of the PCB design principles.
Who should attend this course?
- Engineers already familiar with embedded Linux development
- Engineers interested in STM32MP1 line and its ecosystem
Benefits you will take away
- Knowledge how to get started developing with the STM32MP157 Discovery kit (STM32MP157C-DK2)
- Practical skills how to configure and assign peripherals within the STM32MP15x microprocessor
- Information about different software packages available for the STM32MP15x MPU
- Practical hints on best practices for PCB designs based on the STM32MP15x MPU
On line course concept
Course is provided in MOOC format with course material available online, mostly as videos complemented with exercises.
This course takes approximately 5 hours to complete, depending on your proficiency.
- Getting started with the STM32MP157 Discovery Kit (Hands-on)
- Overview of STM32MP1 microprocessors and related development ecosystem
- STM32MP1 embedded software
- Simple application development (hands-on)
- Boot chain and security overview
- Boot chain customization (hands-on)
- STM32CubeMX – lab kernel pin muxing
- CortexA7 and CortexM4 real0time co-processing
- Lab Linux-M4 firmware intercommunication
- Hardware design made easy – DDR suite demo
Prerequisites and training materials
All of the materials related to this session are located here.
To run this session please use the following material (with old ecosystem release 1.0)
Contains the VM preconfigured with the packages and the tools
Contains the training material (prerequisites, slides, hands-on input material, extra material)
Contains information to install the Linux PC (starter package, developer package, flash images)