embOS®-Safe is the certified version of the highly efficient, priority-controlled real-time operating system embOS, designed to be used as foundation for the development of safety-critical embedded real-time applications.
embOS is chosen by many engineers all over the world. embOS saves time with a comprehensive and easy to use API. embOS guarantees 100% deterministic real-time operation. Tasks can easily be created and safely communicate with each other using communication mechanisms such as semaphores, mailboxes and events.
Reliability: embOS is deployed in several billion devices including safety-critical applications. embOS-Safe is certified by TÜV Süd according to IEC 61508 SIL3 and IEC 62304 Class C.
Efficiency: embOS-Safe is a high-performance RTOS that has been optimized for minimum memory consumption in both RAM and ROM, as well as high speed and versatility.
embOS runs on all ST microcontrollers. For an easy start, a BSP including a start project can be downloaded for all popular ST evaluation boards. The evaluation projects work out-of-the-box.
- Code base is a result of more than 25 years of continuous development
- Powerful and easy to use API
- Available for all popular ST microcontrollers and development tools
- Applications created with embOS can easily be transferred to embOS-Safe
- IEC 61508 SIL 3 and IEC 62304 Class C certified, MISRA-C:2012 compliant
- Zero interrupt latency for deterministic response times supported
- High performance with low memory usage
- Unlimited task priorities
- Round-robin scheduling supported
- Unlimited number of tasks / semaphores / mutex / mailboxes / software timer
- Free time resolution (default is 1 ms) and easily accessible time variable
- Tickless support