The 650 V IGBT HB series is based on the trench field-stop (TFS) technology and is optimized for applications working at a switching frequency between 16 and 60 kHz. IGBTs belong to the STPOWER family.
These high-speed 650 V IGBTs combine a very low saturation voltage (1.6 V typ.) with a minimal collector current turn-off tail and a maximum operating temperature of 175 °C, boosting the energy efficiency of applications such as welders, PFC converters, UPS and solar inverters.
The HB series also includes IGBTs with low-drop freewheeling diodes for soft-switching applications.
With a current rating from 20 to 80 A, these IGBTs are available in a wide offer of power packages (D2PAK, TO-220, TO-3P, TO-3PF, TO-247, TO-247 LL, and TO-247 4L).
STPOWER IGBT main characteristics:
- High-speed IGBTs: 16 to 60 kHz
- High robustness and reliability thanks to an extended maximum operating TJ of 175 °C and a breakdown voltage of 650 V
- Very low VCE(sat) (down to 1.6 V typ.)
- Positive VCE(sat) temperature coefficient for safe paralleling of multiple IGBTs
- Co-packaged diode optimized for resonant or hard-switching circuits
Our wide STPOWER product portfolio combined with state-of-the art packaging and protections for high reliability and safety helps designers find the right solutions for customized, high-efficiency applications that will last a long lifetime.