With STM32Cube, STMicroelectronics provides a comprehensive software tool, significantly reducing development efforts, time and cost.
STM32Cube consists of (usable together or independantly):
The STM32CubeMX, featuring
- Configuration C code generation for pin multiplexing, clock tree, peripherals and middleware setup with graphical wizards
- Generation of IDE ready projects for a integrated development environment tool chains
- Power consumption calculation for a user-defined application sequence
- Direct import of STM32 Cube embedded software libraries from st.com
- Integrated updater to keep STM32CubeMX up-to-date
STM32Cube embedded software libraries, including:
- The HAL hardware abstraction layer, enabling portability between different STM32 devices via standardized API calls
- The Low-Layer (LL) APIs, a light-weight, optimized, expert oriented set of APIs designed for both performance and runtime efficiency
- A collection of Middleware components, like RTOS, USB library, file system, TCP/IP stack, Touch sensing library or Graphic Library (depending on the MCU series)
Guided tour into STM32 ODE and how it can help developers turn bright ideas into great products
The STM32 Open Development Environment is a flexible, easy and affordable way to develop innovative devices and applications. It is based on STM32 Nucleo boards and STM32Cube software.