ST’s set-top box SoCs bring a world of media into your living room. Our UHD portfolio offers high-end solutions for 4K broadcast content as well as supporting internet media and operator-specific applications.
Built on ARM® architecture, our device portfolio permits easy porting of applications between platforms.
Main benefits include:
- Powerful ARM® processing cores permitting support for 4K content, 3D graphics, gaming and a rich internet media access
- Support for the latest decoding standards, such as HEVC
- Compatibility with all major middlewares
- Compatibility with all broadcast standards
- Support for entire application platforms, from the multimedia/application CPU, to demodulation, to silicon tuners, ESD protection and all of the other electronic components – ST can support your entire design.
- Advanced security
- Very low power-consumption, meeting energy targets set by EnergyStar and EU standards
STiH4 series multimedia application processors
ST’s latest server-box multimedia application-processor system-on-chips, the STiH4 server-box product family (codenamed ‘Monaco’), support decode and display resolution up to the leading-edge Ultra HD and the next-generation H.265 / HEVC video compression. This combination sets to extend the viewing experience for end users with more realistic and in-the-action immersion.
The STiH4 'Monaco' series integrates the Faroudja® Transcode Engine, providing best-in-class transcoding capabilities for multi-screen streaming across consumer and handheld devices. T
The STiH410 supports HEVC decoding, and therefore permits IP service providers a means of offering HD content to a greater number of customers.
The 'Monaco Ultra' STiH412 offers Ultra HD (2160p) decoding.