L9963E battery monitoring and protection IC
• Complete battery management system for up to 31 packs with 14 cells each
• Fully redundant cell measurement path, with ADC Swap, for enhanced safety and Limp Home functions
• Scalable system performance and functionality by choosing from a wide range of automotive MCUs
• Supports ASIL-D safety standard and can be extended to EITA and SHE standards
• Savings on component cost due to robust hot-plug capability (no Zener diode protection needed)
L9963T general-purpose SPI to isolated SPI transceiver
• Fully ISO 26262 compliant
• ASIL-D systems ready
• Supports both XFMR and capacitive isolation
• Two different operating modes: slow (333 Kbps) and fast (2.66 Mbps)
SPC57 4S automotive microcontroller
• Designed to meet ASIL-D, the highest functional safety level in compliance with ISO 26262
• Provides high performance processing with low power consumption
• To help designers find the best solution for their applications, a full ecosystem with a dedicated discovery board is available to accelerate development and secure a fast time-to-market.
| 代理商名称 ||地区||库存||最小订购量||第三方链接|
ST’s solution for a battery management system can be easily evaluated with the help of a scalable kit of evaluation boards, allowing to adapt the solution evaluation to merely every battery partitioning.
Designed for use as a standalone board for a 48 V battery management system (BMS) or as the lower stage of a distributed BMS, the EVAL-L9963E-MCU evaluation board is built around our SPC57 4S Line of high-performance automotive Power Architecture® microcontrollers.
Thanks to its embedded L9963E battery monitoring and protection IC, the EVAL-L9963E-MCU board can manage up to 14 channels for cell voltage sensing, one channel for current sensing, and up to 7 analog input for temperature sensing (plus an additional on-board NTC to sense the PCB temperature). The board comes pre-loaded with example firmware to help developers explore L9963E functionalities using an intuitive PC Graphical User Interface (STSW-L9963E).
Intended for use as a single node in a distributed battery management system, the EVAL- L9963E-NDS board is needed when the total number of battery cells to be managed by the EVAL- L9963E-MCU board exceeds 14. As the number of nodes to be stacked depends on the total battery voltage, additional nodes can be daisy-chained by using more EVAL- L9963E-NDS boards. A maximum of 31 total nodes can be stacked this way around a single EVAL-L9963E-MCU board.
Developers can also use these evaluation boards to develop the software for a complete application using an alternative microcontroller. The PC Graphical User Interface (STSW-L9963E) offers complete diagnostic monitoring and register level control of the L9963E along with data logging and data export for debugging.
|STSW-L9963E||EVAL-L9963E-MCU Graphical User Interface||Active|
All Evaluation Features
- Flexible and modular evaluation kit, allowing to evaluate ST’s solution battery management systems on a large variety of Li-Ion battery stacks (up to 31 x 14 cells)
- Powerful SPC57 4S automotive MCU with preloaded firmware preloaded for immediate use with the Graphical User Interface
- A Graphical User Interface (GUI) for evaluation of all the functions of the BMS on up to 31 nodes, including:
- Cell current and voltage and temperature measurement
- Coulomb counter
- Control of balancing
- Diagnostic and register control of L9963E
- Data logging and export
Automotive Analog and Power
|L9963E||Automotive chip for battery management applications with daisy chain up to 31 devices|
|L9963T||Automotive general purpose SPI to isolated SPI transceiver|
|SPC574S64E3||用于汽车底盘和安全应用的32位Power Architecture MCU|
STMicroelectronics - SL-PRAPM07001V2